Monday, 21 July 2014

Cafe Limone

It's always tricky to write a review of a restaurant based on one single visit.

Perhaps it was especially quiet when you went so the staff had it easy or maybe the exact opposite happened, were the restaurant having a particularly bad day or a particularly good one?

You just don't know but regardless I am going to write this review based one my single visit and the fact my mum and dad raved about this place!

(Picture taken from google images)
My boyfriend and I decided to go for lunch here after my parents told us how great the food was and that it was amazing value for money.

Being a student and an apprentice we couldn't say no to amazing value for money.

The staff were friendly and attentive, they made sure we were enjoying our food and we had everything we needed, but not in that annoying way where your mouth is full of food and that's when they decide to ask.

I've been to restaurants where we've ordered drinks and it's as if the staff have forgotten all about us but here our drinks arrived within a few minutes. The starters took 10 minutes to arrive and the main course arrived 10 minutes after the starter, so al in all the timing of the food and drinks was brilliant.

I had the deep fried squid which could have done with a little longer in the deep fryer but that is honestly the only bad thing I have to say about this place.

(Image taken from google images)
The rest of our food was delicious which brings me to the next reason I loved my visit to this place.

It was fantastic value for money. Our 2 drinks, 2 starters and 2 mains came to a tiny £14.30. We checked it three of four times and asked if it was correct and then left them with a £5 tip because of how happy we were with the service, food and price!

I've read a few reviews on trip advisor and several of them say similar praises to this one however there are also a few, as with every restaurant, where people were less than happy with their trips.

Like I said in the beginning, everyone's experience is going to be different, but from my experience, anyone who lives near the area should definitely check it out!

Thanks for reading, Amy x

3 Main Street
Shildon
Bishop Auckland
Dl4 1AJ
01388 773 541

No comments: