Saturday, 29 November 2014

It's a mans world.

I was given an assignment for my fashion journalism course on the styling module to create a themed photo shoot. I decided to name it 'It's a man's world' and the theme being masculine smart wear with a side of femininity.



 For the first look I decided to incorporate black and white clothing to put the look of a typical working day. I used an umbrella as a prop so the pose didn't look too boring, it also highlighted my models face, contrasting the black and white colours used.


 I then started to combine the masculine look I was going for with a feminine touch shown in the second photo, the first pose shows my model slouched but holding a cocktail glass, showing both the sexes.



 Still using the black and white theme I had my model drape her jacket over one shoulder to appear sophisticated but still keeping the masculinity, the doctor bag was a touch added at last minute which I made my model hold as if she were holding a briefcase.


The last and final image shows my model in a black and white shirt as if she was sorting her cuff links out as a man would if he wore a suit, all looks were simple but I made the poses as masculine as possible on a womans frame.

Ellie Gibson. 

No comments: