For both singles and couples (who aren't married) weddings are a nightmare. I have to go to 2 weddings next year as 2 of my fantastic cousins are tying the ultimate knot...
They've also invited my boyfriend which is fine since I've been with him for quite a while now but I'm kind of dreading it.
I've been to 3 other weddings in my time as single person and at all of them I was kind of depressed. I mean you look around and all you see is couples, couples, EVERYWHERE! And happiness, everyone seems to be so damn happy at ceremonies. Personally, I don't get it.
I mean, yeah two people are going to join together in holy fucking matrimony or whatever but why do I care? I like the opportunity to where a beautiful dress and to dance around and what not but there are a lot more bad points than good!
As a single person at a wedding 4 things are very likely to happen... A family member or friend will feel sorry for you and ask if you want to dance - No thanks!...
A random guy will find an interest in you and attempt to chat you up, you'll likely concede due to loneliness and dance with him all night, embarrassing yourself and waking up next to someone you'd rather not be next to...
You'll be so bored you'll get absolutely fucking mortal, find someone else in the same state as you and cause some form embarrassment for yourself and everyone who knows you...
And lastly, and worst of all, some irritating old lady will say "have you not got a date Hunny?" - No. No I don't. Would I be sat here throwing back tequila if I had a date?!?!
Now for the couples, which I now am... woo-ho right? Maybe not.
At the last wedding my brother took his girlfriend Claire and it seemed to be a running theme of the night for people to ask them when they were going to be tying this imaginary yet daunting knot...
My brother handled it well, made jokes about how she was desperate, how he'd never marry her, and she did too, but they likely will eventually.
I never want to get married but if you tell people that, especially old people, they freak, like "But darling must want to get married to some handsome man some day?" Sorry but no. Never.
I want a big party to celebrate me and I want to wear a big dress and look fabulous but I don't want to walk up some aisle and have everyone stare at me as read some cheesy ass vows about love and foreverness...
My cousin took this guy who she'd been seeing for a few weeks to our friends wedding; during the ceremony he said "I can't wait to get married", a guy, a guy said that! He kept looking at her all lovingly as well and making corny jokes... hinting. I'd freak out if a guy did that to me!
The only people who are truly happy at wedding's are the the couple doing the vows themselves.
No comments:
Post a Comment