Tuesday, 8 April 2014

Worst trends of the 21st Century - so far


1. Crocs

And we have a winner, crocs, surely everyone could have guessed that this was going to be number 1. What I cant quite fathom is the point in these rubbery disasters, even someone that wears crocs cant say they wear them based purely on their appearance. Crocs are for people who have given up on the world, if you're reading this and you're a croc wearer - its nothing person, I don't hate you, I hate your shoes.



2. Trainer wedges

Isabel Marant created the trainer wedge, known as 'The Beckett'. Produced to sell for high-fashion, this trend plummeted to the likes of high-street stores and when I say plummeted, I mean crashed, died and became unacceptable. Although ugly none the less, this sense of indecisiveness becomes a big issue again, if you want height - wear heels, leave trainers alone!



3. Long-back dresses/skirts

The 'party in the front, business in the back' saying should and should only be used for the tragic trend of the mullets, Billy-Rae Cyrus - I'm looking at chu. It's a trend for the indecisive, should I wear a long dress today or a short one, oh wait I know, I can have BOTH. In what world!



4. Double Denim

This trend has made its comeback from the 80's and 90's. Whilst a handful of celebrities have tried their hand in bringing the trend back, there are day to day people going ahead with double denim, whether it be down to the laziness of throwing anything on or they've managed to convince themselves that its sociably acceptable.




5. Fanny packs

Common amongst tourists, these unflattering.. things, (somehow) wiggled their way into becoming a trend in 2013 by Rihanna and festival goers. It's just down right lazy, buy a handbag, its called a HAND bag for a reason ladies.




Ellie. x 




No comments: