Saturday, 2 August 2014

Fake Tan Rethink - Loreal Paris Elixer

I've been meaning to do this post for a fortnight now but I've been so busy with summer stuffs I just genuinely haven't had time, plus my brain is like one of those really steep water park slides, things are there one second and then it's like... Pooof... and suddenly I have no recollection of what I was/am doing. It's quite the handicap.

Anyways, the reason for this post is, LOREAL PARIS FAKE TAN ELIXIR IS NOT AS AMAZING AS I ONCE BELIEVED!!!!

Seriously, I know that in the post I did a couple of weeks/a month ago was all "OMG this stuff is the shit!" but now I'm like "OMG this stuff is shit."

I did that other post 3 days after the application and I promise it did look really fantastic, but now I've been trying to perfect the use for like a month and I've realised several flaws in it's making.

#1. It does not last 2 weeks, I'm not sure if maybe I'm just not supposed to shower for those 2 weeks, perhaps that's what the makers intended because after just 3 showers it began to fade and go all weird and gross looking,

#2. It says 'even fade' but in no way does this stuff fade evenly, my brother saw me and said 'you look like you've got a skin disease', & I did. The sides of my neck were brown but the middle was white and all across my chest was blotches of white and brown.

#3. It's dark enough after one application for most skin tones but because it's a clear gel which develops over a few hours you don't realise that there are parts you've missed, so you have to go over it again and again to get it even, but now you've reached a strange browny orange colour which is not attractive.

#4. Because you have to apply it all over your body once everyday for 3 days you run out really fast! So if you wanted a continual tan you'd need to buy a new bottle every month and a half and it costs £15 so that's quite an expenditure in the long run.

Thanks for reading, I hope this helps, Amy xx 

No comments: