Wednesday, 10 September 2014

New Room Excitement!

Hello bloggerinos!

Today I'm going to do a little post on my new room, me and Ellie just moved into our new house share in Sunderland with our friends and over this week we've been none stop decorating.

This is basically a room on a budget, a lot of the things I already had and the other things I found in barginous shops like Matalan, IKEA, B&M Bargains and more.

We absolutely love our new home; when we were living in halls accommodation it never really became home because it wasn't a house, but now we're living with our favourite friends and it's like the best thing ever.

So here are quite a few pictures showing all the best bits in my new room, I hope you like it!


TV stand minus the TV as my house mates are currently using it in the living room until we get a bigger one... I got the actual stand of my Sister-In-Law, it's perfect because it's black and the theme I'm going for is black, red & cream. There are loads of little bits and bobs on it like: books, pictures, jewellery & so on; I love clutter because it just makes things more comfortable for me. 

My friend Bradley gave me (allowed me to have) this in college, he basically got it free with a take-away one night and I loved it! I really like Chinese culture and their animal year of things. My year is the year of the dog which according to this means I am "Honest and a loyal leader of men. Generous but stubborn. Earmarked for success", sounds pretty good to me. 

MOST IMPORTANT!! 
I got this nifty little shoe rack from Boyes for £8.99, it's not the worlds best by a long shot but what do you expect with that price... It was a faff on to put up as well but I think it looks good now and I love having my shoes on display like this. 

SECOND MOST IMPORTANT! 
Clothes rack! The wardrobe in my room wasn't big enough to fit all my clothes in so it was pretty lucky that I'd already stolen this rack from my Sister-In-Law, (I get all her hand-me-downs). I think she probably got it from Home Bargains and I can't imagine it being any more than £5-£10. 
Sofa! This came with the room which I find pretty cool. It's actually cream underneath which I didn't particularly like so I got these throws to make it look a little better & added some more comfort items like pillows and a teddy. The throws were from Pound Stretcher and Boyes and were about £7-8 each, I actually made the denim pillow when I was like 12 or something & I got the others from Matalan, they were reduced to £8 from like £15 so that was definitely good! 
BEEEEEEED! The sheets here look pink for some reason but there a dark red in reality. My boyfriends mam gave these to me so yet another free find from family. 
Wardrobe, mirror, flower hula thing, post-it situation... Everyone needs a long mirror to check themselves out in & this one was £15 from Matalan (yes I love the home area in that store). 

A map of the world for inspiration as I want to travel a lot in the future! 


A canvas picture from Matalan for £4, a lamp which I turned into a cute jewellery holder and my ferb doll which I got of my besties in year 11 after we'd spent an entire summer watching Phineus and Ferb over and over again, complete which picture of me and the boyf camping.



The last three images here are of the desk and chair, another canvas from Matalan for £6 and my make-up station. 

Thanks for reading I hope you enjoyed this and found it useful! Send us pictures of your rooms and we'll do a huge post on the best ones. 

Amy xxx






No comments: