Tuesday, 24 June 2014

Events which transpired.

Reminiscing the silly things.

Thinking back over my first year at University I have realised that a few questionable events took place.
Let us begin in the week they call fresher’s. It was day four, my flat mates and I decided to have a ‘get to know our neighbours party’.

 Everyone was drunk, of course, and I ran out of drink after being far too generous and handing it out to everyone and anyone.

So I made my way to the halls on site bar, bought a litre of Vodka and shot it continuously for the next two hours (please do not do this) I then vomited continuously for the next two hours… in a pan… in my bed… surrounded by people who were, then, strangers.

Thank God they chose not to judge me, too much.

We shall now move on to tin foiling my friend’s room. He went out with all of his friends from his home, we had no money (shock) so remained in the flat.

We decided to trip them out for when they dragged themselves home at 4am and it did exactly that. I was awoken by shouts of ‘what the hell?!’, ‘OMG what is this’, ‘It looks like a UFO’.

Quite hilarious in the end but far too much time was spent perfecting that little masterpiece.

Lastly comes the addictions. Pasta, Tuna and Mayonnaise is not, I repeat not, a healthy meal if you’re doing little to no exorcise.

This fact did not stop me from living predominantly off the stuff and gaining around a stone. DO NOT EAT CRAP AND AVOID EXORCISE, YOU WILL GET FAT.

Another addiction was Sunny Delight, this led to peeing every five minutes like a pregnant Juno. It tastes great sure, but it doesn't benefit the mind to stay awake all night on a sugar high.

Netflix, here’s a fantastic piece of advice: don’t get a Netflix membership. Just don’t get addicted to any TV programmes; if you do it becomes a cop out.

‘I’ll do my essay after desperate housewives’, ‘I’ll watch these last few episodes of Prison Break and then start reading that book’, and worst of all ‘I can write this article and watch Game of Thrones at the same time’.

You can’t. Don’t do it. Simple.

My first year was a fantastic experience and I wouldn't change any of it. But I do look back and think OMG!

Thank you for reading, Amy xx


No comments: