Friday, 2 May 2014

Women, be warned. Those outfits ain't cute.

A couple of weeks ago some friends and I were getting ready, we were pretty tipsy by the time I went to get dressed, the result of which was not good. I’d bought this dress which up until this night I’d never dared to wear… for a reason. It was tight, black, lacy and very short.

At first everything was more or less fine, and then I started dancing. The dress kept riding up to my hips; I looked ridiculously trashy, teetering around desperately trying to hold down the trims.
The night was uncomfortable to say the least, and it would seem many people have had similar problems when they have not quite anticipated what could go wrong.

 Have you ever been getting ready for a night out with your friends, looked in the mirror and thought, ‘huh, I look pretty good…’ Well, so have the majority of women. But have you ever got to the club, started dancing and thought, ‘oh dear, this was such a bad idea.’

The knicker-line, a fashion taboo, an ugly sin. Your butt can look fantastic but never with the knicker-line. Laura Evans, 18, was wearing some leather pants and realized, she had the knicker line.

“I did the only thing I thought I could do, I took off my pants, you know, went commando. I didn’t think it was a big deal, and to be honest it wasn’t. Well, until I was actually out.

We were dancing around to T-pain – Apple bottom jeans. So, I dropped to the floor because the song says to, doesn’t it? Anyway basically it was like five or 10 minutes later when my friends just burst out laughing.

I’d ripped a hole where nobody wants to rip a hole.”

Countless amounts of woman have fallen prey to desperately wanting to wear an outfit because they look good, but they haven’t considered how drunk they’ll get, how much they’ll want to dance, how many times they might fall over. 

There are two reasons, I believe, why women go out in uncomfortable or risky outfits. Number one, to impress themselves, I love feeling like I look hot when I’m out at clubs.
Number two, to impress men.

But how many men actually find woman in these kind of clothes attractive? In an online survey I found 23 out of 30 men asked, said they would be more likely to chat up a woman if she was dressed sexy but sensible as opposed to a woman dressed half naked but hot…

The see through dress dilemma. You know how the lights in clubs are strobe lights, but the lights everywhere else and normal light bulbs. So, you put on a dress and everything is fine, everything is comfortably hidden.

The strobe lights change things, be warned.

Emily Bainbridge, 20, from Darlington told me this enlightening story, “I was in Tenerife for a girl’s holiday and I just wore this tight black maxi dress on a night out because it was cooling and comfortable.

We went to this little bar, had a few cocktails, and ended up getting up and doing Karaoke, singing ‘Ma hump, ma hump, ma lovely lady lumps’.

So I’m twerking around thinking everyone’s cheering because my singing is so flawless and my moves are like a blonde Beyonce has hit the floor.

But then the song ends and the D.J shouted ‘I don’t know about the rest of you but the only thing I enjoyed about that show was the sexy see through maxi dress.”

Some girls are completely unaware or in denial of how bad their outfit looks, so I got some opinions from some unbiased on lookers.

I asked barman Tom Hunter, 21, who works at a night club in Darlington for his opinion on the matter.

“Some things just can’t be unseen. This woman lent over the bar one night and her entire left boob fell out.


I mean given, she was only wearing a handkerchief around her chest but, come on! Ladies just need to realize that classy will always win the war.” 

No comments: